Rusty Pomeroy Rejoins Beveridge & Diamond, Expands Transactional and Project Development Capabilities
We are pleased to announce an expansion of our capabilities to serve clients with the arrival of Raymond N. (Rusty) Pomeroy II, who rejoins the Firm from General Electric (GE) after serving since 2007 as Global Environmental, Health & Safety Leader and Environmental Counsel for GE Capital’s commercial real estate business. Rusty joins Beveridge & Diamond as Of Counsel in the Firm’s New York office.
"We are thrilled that Rusty is rejoining Beveridge & Diamond," said John H. Kazanjian, Managing Principal of the Firm's New York Office. "His recent experience at GE Capital Real Estate enhances his and the Firm’s ability to help private and public sector clients with their environmental challenges in transactions and new project development.”
Rusty advises clients on the identification and management of environmental risks in commercial transactions (e.g., commercial real estate acquisitions, sales and leases; corporate mergers and acquisitions; and loans and loan foreclosures); the remediation and develop of contaminated sites; environmental insurance coverage review and placement; project and facility permitting and land use issues; and environmental litigation. His corporate experience includes:
- Leading a team of 7 legal and technical environmental professionals in 4 countries overseeing due diligence and environmental risk for a $90B global commercial real estate business.
- Managing a broad range of projects including site remediation, Brownfields, litigation and environmental insurance claims.
- Analyzing and advising the company's risk and business leaders on environmental risks attendant to complex commercial real estate equity and debt transactions, as well as related to mergers and acquisitions; and drafting and negotiating related purchase and sale agreements, leases, loan agreements, guarantees and indemnities.
- Providing legal, technical, financial and regulatory advice to key stakeholders to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulation.
- Managing environmental issues attendant to the bulk sales of several GE Capital business units to execute on GE’s $200B global divestiture of its finance unit.
- Reviewing and placing environmental insurance policies to mitigate environmental risks.
- Developing and implementing corporate environmental risk management policies and procedures.
Rusty originally joined the Firm as an associate in 2003. Prior to joining Beveridge & Diamond in 2003, Rusty served four terms as the Chief Elected Official for Sullivan County, New York, and was a New York State licensed realtor and insurance broker.
Rusty holds a J.D. (cum laude, 2003) from Pace University School of Law and a B.A. (Political Science, 1989) from State University of New York at Albany.
Beveridge & Diamond's 100 lawyers in seven U.S. offices focus on environmental and natural resource law, litigation and alternative dispute resolution, and transactions and project development. We help clients around the world resolve critical environmental and sustainability issues relating to their products, facilities, and operations.