Bilal helps clients navigate energy and transactional matters.
Bilal joined B&D after working at a New York firm, where his practice focused on project finance as well as mergers and acquisitions. His experience includes managing investments into energy storage facilities by drafting substantive financing documents and corresponding with banks and lenders' counsel to organize and structure deals from negotiation through closing. He assisted on several six- and seven-figure transaction and acquisition projects, where he led and organized a team of associates from the diligence stage through closing and advised on approach in senior strategy meetings. His pro bono practice supported the environmental organization Human Right 2 Water.
During law school, Bilal participated in the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's Student Honors Program, serving as a legal intern in the Enforcement Division. In this role, he indexed finance documents and tracked findings to assist in SEC investigations.
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D., 2022)
- South Asian Law Students Association Co-President
- Virginia Journal of International Law, Editor
- Virginia Journal of Social Policy & the Law, Senior Technical Editor
- Extramural Moot Court Team
- University of Minnesota (B.A., 2018)
- Political Science, Biology minor
- University of Minnesota Pre-Law Society, President
- UMN Parliamentary Debate Team, Founder & President
- New York, 2023
- French (fluent)
- Urdu (native)
- Hindi (native)