Below you will find the materials for Beveridge & Diamond's Circular Economy and Plastics Symposium, held on Wednesday, February 12 in Washington, DC. If you have any questions or comments about the topics covered, please contact the speakers.
- Reducing Our Plastic Footprint: The EU Circular Economy
- Sector Perspectives Panel Discussion
- The Momentum Behind Combatting Plastic Pollution
- Global Trade Controls on Plastic Wastes
- Private Sector Initiatives to End Plastic Waste in the Environment
- Citizen Suits, Enforcement, and NGO Engagement
- U.S. Federal, State, and Local Initiatives
- Perspectives from Abroad: Brazil
- Perspectives from Abroad: China
- Additional Resources:
- Full text of the proposed Break Free from Plastic Pollution Act (February 10, 2020)
- Beveridge & Diamond's Chemicals and Products Practice
- Beveridge & Diamond's International Environmental Law & Global Supply Chains Practice
- Key Takeaways:
About the Program
Legal requirements and policy initiatives aimed at the design, recycling, and reuse of plastics are expanding at the global level and in key markets around the world. These include circular economy mandates in the European Union, new proposed legislation in the United States, and new or expanded international environmental agreements covering plastics. Many companies are also embracing ambitious circular economy goals for plastics. Offering insight from key players across multiple sectors, Beveridge & Diamond's Circular Economy and Plastics symposium was designed to help attendees navigate the latest U.S., regional, and global initiatives affecting the plastics landscape in 2020 and beyond.
Given the fast-moving nature of developments regarding plastics and the circular economy, Beveridge & Diamond intends to convene additional discussions around this topic in the coming year. We hope you will be able to join us and continue the conversation. Please consider subscribing to our plastics list to receive your choice of topical news alerts, future event invitations, and other updates.
Please contact Alexa Curto via [email protected].