Erika represents clients in environmental litigation matters, including climate change lawsuits, Clean Water Act citizen suits, and actions under state water quality laws, CERCLA, and state Superfund statutes. Her regulatory practice focuses on water matters, including stormwater regulation, SPCC compliance, fisheries, and aquaculture.
Erika came to Beveridge & Diamond with extensive civil litigation experience. As an Associate at Cole | Wathen | Lead | Hall, her practice focused on litigation defense for insurance carriers, businesses, and individuals in a broad range of state and federal matters at each stage of litigation, including settlement negotiations, mediations, arbitration, and trial. Prior to Cole | Wathen | Leid | Hall, Erika represented plaintiffs in diverse civil litigation matters.
Erika earned her B.A. from Middlebury College, graduating magna cum laude with a double major in Political Science and Environmental Studies (high honors in Environmental Studies). Her background includes extensive climate change, ecology, fisheries, and environmental science course and fieldwork. Erika received her law degree from Lewis & Clark law school, graduating with a Certificate in Environmental and Natural Resources Law. During law school, Erika was on the Lewis & Clark Law Review editorial board, competed in Moot Court, and received the Pro Bono Honors Award in recognition of her commitment to public interest volunteer work.
- Middlebury College (B.A., magna cum laude, 2004)
- Environmental Studies
- Lewis & Clark (J.D., 2008)
- Certificate in Environmental & Natural Resources Law
- Lead Articles Editor, Lewis & Clark Law Review
- U.S. District Court – Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Washington
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Energy and Environmental Law Affinity Group (co-chair)
- Litigation Affinity Group (member)
- King County Bar Association, Environmental & Land Use Section
- Washington State Bar Association, Environmental & Land Use Law Section
- American Bar Association, Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources
- Women in Environment, Education Committee (member)
- ABA Section of Environment, Energy, and Resource’s Environmental Litigation and Toxic Torts Committee (member)
- ABA Section of Environment, Energy, and Resource’s Water Quality and Wetlands Committee (member)
- ABA Section of Environment, Energy, and Resource’s Marine Resources Committee (member)
- ABA Section of Environment, Energy, and Resource’s Energy and Natural Resources Litigation Committee (member)
- D.C. Environment & Energy Associations (member)
- ELI Emerging Leaders Initiative Steering Committee (member)
- ELI Women in Environmental Law & Leadership Steering Committee (member)