Erika maintains a robust mixed practice of litigation, regulatory, and white collar defense work focused on water quality matters.
Erika has significant litigation and appellate experience in both federal and state courts. Her work includes a range of state and federal matters at each stage of litigation, including settlement negotiations, mediations, arbitration, discovery, and trial. She has first-chaired numerous arbitrations and trials, as well as supported large, complex trial teams. Recent successes include negotiating early, favorable resolution of citizen suit actions alleging Clean Water Act violations in California and Washington.
Erika also has deep regulatory expertise with federal and state stormwater, wastewater, and spill prevention and countermeasure requirements. Additionally, she has a strong command of international, national, and state treaties, laws, and regulations impacting the fisheries and aquaculture industries.
Erika is a deputy leader of B&D’s Water practice and co-founder and deputy leader of B&D’s Fisheries & Aquaculture industry group. Her background in environmental sciences and fieldwork informs her legal practice.
- Middlebury College (B.A., magna cum laude, 2004)
- Environmental Studies (high honors)
- Political Science
- Lewis & Clark (J.D., 2008)
- Certificate in Environmental & Natural Resources Law
- Lead Articles Editor, Lewis & Clark Law Review
- First Year Honors Appellate Brief
- Pro Bono Honors Award
- U.S. District Court – Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Washington
- American Bar Association, Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources, Water Resources Committee Year in Review, Vice Chair
- D.C. Environment & Energy Associations
- ELI Emerging Leaders Initiative Steering Committee
- ELI Women in Environmental Law & Leadership Steering Committee
- King County Bar Association, Environmental & Land Use Section
- National Association of Women Lawyers, Energy and Environmental Law Affinity Group, Co-Chair
- Washington State Bar Association, Environmental & Land Use Law Section
- Women in Environment, Education Committee