Recent examples of Jayni’s litigation experience include:
- Successfully defended a power generation company in both trial and appellate courts against state common law tort claims relating to the alleged sub-surface migration of contaminants through groundwater to nearby properties.
- Successfully obtained judicial termination of a global, multi-media consent decree for a chemical manufacturing company following negotiations with federal and state enforcement agencies.
- Represented a petroleum exploration and production company in litigation arising from an operator’s use of the company’s platform on the Outer Continental Shelf of the Gulf of Mexico, which resulted in a favorable settlement for the client.
- Represented a water filtration plant in a citizen suit alleging violations of the Clean Water Act.
Examples of Jayni's Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) experience include:
- Reached a favorable settlement for a major manufacturing company in a multi-party OSHA investigation and subsequent enforcement action involving a fatality.
- Negotiated a settlement with a state OSHA involving alleged machine guarding violations.
- Advised a refinery client on a state OSHA investigation.
- Advised a large retailer on compliance with the Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard.