Katrina represents businesses and trade associations in complex environmental and toxic tort litigation and advises clients on project permitting.
As a Deputy Co-Chair of the firm’s Litigation practice group and Waste Management & Recycling practice group, Katrina’s practice focuses on defending state and federal class and mass actions, citizen suits, and enforcement actions. Her experience spans opposing class certification with strong expert evidence, seeking dismissal of nuisance and negligence claims, advocating for her clients in administrative hearings, and litigating agency approvals for projects.
Katrina is also versed in NEPA issues, wetlands regulation, federal species protection laws, and land use law. She helps clients navigate permitting processes for large interstate projects and work with state and federal regulators to achieve their project goals.
In advising clients, she draws on her experience with the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service on national wildlife refuges in Arizona, Colorado, and Wyoming, and as a law clerk with the federal government. Before joining Beveridge & Diamond, Katrina clerked for the U.S. Department of Justice in the Environment & National Resources Division and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in the Office of Enforcement & Compliance Assurance.
Katrina’s experience includes:
- Defending facilities in class and mass actions alleging widespread nuisance odors and fending off class certification in a state action against a manufacturing facility.
- Serving as ESA counsel to the developers of the Mountain Valley Pipeline — a $5 billion, 304-mile FERC jurisdictional pipeline extending from Wetzel County, West Virginia to Pittsylvania County, Virginia.
- Advising oil and gas clients on compliance with NEPA, the ESA, and the CWA.
- Cornell University (B.S., cum laude, 2012)
- College of Agriculture and Life Science, Natural Resources
- Lewis & Clark (J.D., summa cum laude, 2018)
- Certificate in Environment, Natural Resources, and Energy Law
- New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of New York
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, New York Rising Star (2021)