Our renewable energy experience includes:
- Representing companies in the process of acquiring a commercial wind lease on the Outer Continental Shelf.
- Assisting a major public utility in the development of species take avoidance measures that obviate the need for authorization and mitigation under the Endangered Species Act for wind energy project.
- Advising a major public utility in complying with the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act.
- Serving as counsel for the development of a 21-megawatt solar energy project, including PV solar site due diligence and permitting focusing on water entitlements.
- Serving as counsel developing and defending a solar facility in the Southern California desert.
- Advising a national utility on environmental attributes and related provisions contained in Power Purchase Agreements.
- Advocating for clients during federal and state environmental rulemakings related to renewable energy infrastructure.
- Providing land use and environmental advice during the development of large scale solar projects on capped landfills.
- Assisting a client with the installation of commercial-scale batteries for renewable energy storage.