Compile and send monthly bills – both ebilling to third party vendors and on paper. Maintain regular contact with attorneys, staff, and clients, always ensuring the confidentiality of client/firm matters.
- Compile, review, verify accuracy of, and send monthly (ebills and paper) bills to clients, handling a high volume of bills each month.
- Execute complex bills in a timely manner (including multiple discounts by matter, split-party billing, alternative fee arrangements, insurance company bills, etc.).
- Update client billing rates and create new billing formats/templates as needed.
- Enroll and manage accounts in the third party ebilling systems (including coordination/ communication with attorneys regarding short pays, invoice rejections, budget requirements, status updates, accruals and other requested information).
- Research and respond to billing inquires, issues or problems.
- Create billing schedules and other billing analyses.
- Create and distribute monthly reports, as needed.
- Create and print final client bills.
- Maintain client invoices in the document management system.
- Prepare the month end balancing reports and closing procedures.
- Follow firm billing policies and procedures (i.e. firm write-off policies).
- Apply retainer funds as directed by attorneys.
- Assist with implementation of new billing system and software.
- Effectively interact and communicate with attorneys, staff and clients.
- Ensure strict confidentiality at all times.
- Assist with special projects as requested.
- College (bachelor’s) degree.
- At least five years’ prior hands-on billing experience in a law firm, including insurance billing.
- Experience using Elite or CMS/Aderant and eBilling Hub.
- Proficiency with MS Office, particularly MS Excel.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, organize work flow and use time efficiently.
- Perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment.
- Adapt to ever-changing work priorities.
- Ability to follow through on tasks with minimal supervision and follow-up on own initiative.
- Flexibility to adapt to differing work hours when overtime is needed to meet client requests.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), analytic and problem-solving skills.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular person. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
For more information or to apply, please email Melody Watson, Human Resources Director.View Less