B&D Achieves Mansfield Rule Plus Certification for DE&I
Beveridge & Diamond is proud to announce that we achieved Mansfield Rule 6.0 Plus Certification for the fifth consecutive year. This certification indicates that from July 2022 to July 2023, our firm considered women, LGBTQ+, minorities, and lawyers with disabilities for at least 30% of all significant leadership roles, lateral recruiting, and business development opportunities. The “Plus” designation indicates that B&D took steps to increase inclusivity in firm leadership and has made measured progress in doing so. Only half of the Certified firms achieved the designation this year.
“We are so proud to achieve Mansfield Plus certification again. Our participation in the program is one of the many ways we’re able to demonstrate our dedication to DE&I in the workplace and legal profession.” Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) Committee Chair Stacey Sublett Halliday (Washington, DC). “Our participation in the Mansfield Rule also reminds us to consistently seek ways to enhance our own DE&I program and continue our leadership in the field.
“These Mansfield Certified firms’ efforts to expand opportunities are on the right side of history and the law,” said Caren Ulrich Stacy, CEO of Diversity Lab. “Not a single firm has backed off on their commitment to Mansfield, even in the face of unwarranted threats to organizations that remain steady in their values of inclusivity and equity. In fact, even as the certification requirements get more challenging year-over-year, more and more firms are committing to this important work.”
Highlights of B&D’s own DE&I outcomes include:
- 49% of our lawyers are diverse (includes women, minorities, and openly LGBTQ+ individuals).
- 68% of our associates, 38% of our principals, and 46% of our attorneys overall are female.
- 50% of our management committee attorneys are women or minorities.
- 19% of our attorneys are minorities or openly LGBTQ.
- The Managing Principals of our Austin, San Francisco, and Baltimore offices are women, as are our General Counsel, Chair, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Administrative Officer, and Chief Talent Officer (who is also an openly LGBTQ+ Principal of the firm).
B&D has already begun participating in the Mansfield Rule 7.0 initiative that began in July 2023.
The firm participates in several DE&I efforts in addition to the Mansfield Rule. Organizations such as the Minority Corporate Counsel Association, the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, and the National Association of Women Lawyers have consistently recognized us for our leadership.
Learn more about our diversity and inclusion efforts and accomplishments.