Prior results do not guarantee future outcomes.
Eric's general environmental experience includes:
- Successfully representing the developer of a Tacoma brownfield development in addressing hazardous waste contamination issues with several municipal agencies and the Washington Department of Natural Resources.
- Successfully representing a property developer to recover more than $1 million for cleanup of petroleum contamination.
- Successfully representing property owners to protect themselves from hazardous waste claims in sales of property.
- Successfully litigating matters concerning landmark orders restructuring regulation of the electricity, natural gas, and oil pipeline industries in the U.S.
- Defending a site owner in administrative and court litigation successfully minimizing costs of cleanup of contamination from wood treating operation.
- Successfully defending a small business from claims arising from a spill of oil into waters of the State of Washington.
- Helping assure compliance with Endangered Species Act, Migratory Bird Treaty Act and other statutes protecting raptors in construction of a hydroelectric project in Washington.
- Successfully defending licensed and ongoing hydroelectric project from claims arising under the Endangered Species Act.
- Developing and implementing a National Environmental Protection Act compliance strategy for a federal rulemaking creating open access to the nation’s electric transmission system.
- Representing a utility in licensing for experimental tidal electric generation project, including compliance with Endangered Species Act, Marine Mammal Protection Act, Coastal Zone Management Act, and state analogues.
- Successfully representing clients in multiple administrative proceedings and court cases involving Washington State Environmental Protection Act.
- Successfully permitting and obtaining access easements for projects on U.S. Forest Service, U.S. Bureau of Land Management, and Washington Department of Natural Resources lands.