Prior results do not guarantee future outcomes.
Eric's transactional experience includes:
Transmission Development and Contracts
- Advising the developer of a transmission line using advanced HVDC technology concerning Bonneville Power Administration and regional energy matters, regulatory, contract, licensing, right-of-way, permitting and political issues.
- Drafting and negotiating contracts involving the transfer of transmission rights on one of the primary interties between the Northwest and California.
- Drafting and negotiating a contract to secure capacity on the Bonneville Power Administration system through 2028.
- Drafting and negotiating a series of contracts among Puget Sound-area utilities creating a coordinated strategy to address transmission curtailments.
Power Supply and Interconnection Contracts
- Negotiating and drafting long-term contracts with BPA, including a 17-year contract for purchase of power for BPA's largest customer under a "Slice/Block" structure and "TRM" construct, transmission contracts, and interconnection and balancing services contracts.
- Drafting and negotiating long-term power supply contracts with private power marketers.
- Drafting and negotiating contracts for interconnection and transmission of power from a proposed 500 MW natural gas generation station.
Wind Power Contracts
- Drafting and negotiating contracts for all output from Iberdrola Renewables' 100.8 MW Hay Canyon Wind Project, all output from Horizon Wind Energy's 96.6 MW Wheat Field Wind Project, and share of output from White Creek Wind Project from project participant Lakeview Power & Light, including contracts for corporate parental guarantees, financing agreements, performance guarantees, and related subsidiary contracts.
Hydropower Acquisition and Construction
- Drafting and negotiating contracts for the acquisition of real estate and project assets, public works contracts, contracts for environmental and other services, road access, and acquisition of materials related to the construction of Snohomish County PUD's $29 million Youngs Creek Hydroelectric Project.
- Representing the District in the transfer of FERC license and related issues, and permitting issues arising with U.S. Forest Service, Snohomish County, and Washington state agencies; Youngs Creek is the first hydro project to go online in Washington in nearly two decades and is the winner of Renewable Energy World's 2012 Hydro Project of the Year award and the "2012 Honor Award" from the Seattle Section of the American Society of Civil Engineers.
- Conducting due diligence review, site inspection, and legal analyses related to the acquisition and potential acquisition of an existing Northwest hydroelectric project, and for the acquisition of licensed but unbuilt projects.
- Drafting and negotiating contracts concerning geothermal lease, drilling and access rights on private, state and federal lands, and worked with the project team to obtain necessary licenses and permits from the Department of Natural Resources and U.S. Forest Service.
- Negotiating an agreement for geothermal exploration involving approximately 500,000 acres of privately-owned forest lands in Washington and Oregon.
- Drafting and negotiating an agency agreement aimed at obtaining a geothermal exploration contract in Nicaragua.
- Drafting and negotiating contracts for the development of Oregon solar project involving private developer, Washington publicly-owned utilities, and electric coop, to obtain power output, interconnection, and transmission rights.
- Negotiating a variety of contracts related to solar demonstration and community-owned solar projects.
- Developing a strategy for maximizing the value of solar development in the Pacific Northwest based on federal and state tax incentives, rebates, portfolio requirements, and RFP requirements.
- Drafting and negotiating both the original and the revised contracts to interconnect and purchase output from the Hampton Mills biomass generator in Darrington, Washington.
- Drafting and negotiating contracts for the interconnection and purchase of power from the Qualco Dairy Digester, then negotiating innovative agreement to transfer power output to Puget Sound Energy.
- Drafting and negotiating both the original and renewal contracts for the purchase of output from the Klickitat PUD landfill gas generator and landfill gas generator at Cathcart, Washington.
- Drafting and negotiating a number of contracts for the sale of Renewable Energy Credits from renewable energy projects.
- Representing co-owner of Washington's largest coal-fired power plant in the sale of plant, including obtaining all required regulatory approvals, contracting, and closing.