Prior results do not guarantee future outcomes.
Heidi’s recent experience includes counseling clients regarding:
- Complying with the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and state equivalents, including helping resolve OSHA citations and advising clients on combustible dust, confined spaces, machine guarding, and respirator use, among other safety issues.
- Establishing and implementing comprehensive EHS auditing programs and compliance assessments nationwide, and helping to close out findings to improve operations, prevent recurrence, and minimize the risk of potential enforcement actions or other liabilities, including serving as the EHS Audit Compliance Assurance Manager for a manufacturing company.
- Applying for and complying with the requirements of Clean Air Act preconstruction and operating permits, complying with and determining the applicability of various Clean Air Act standards, and preparing comments on proposed rules, including revisions to National Ambient Air Quality Standards.
- Defending against administrative, civil, and criminal federal and state environmental enforcement actions and citizen suit litigation, including defending a manufacturing company in a Clean Air Act enforcement action resulting in entry of a consent decree and denial of intervention.
- The environmental aspects of acquiring industrial facilities, including identifying and evaluating actual and potential environmental liabilities and identifying permit transfer requirements associated with the acquisition of multiple coal transfer and terminal operations, and with automotive parts manufacturing facilities across the United States.
- Complying with the requirements of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, OSHA, and states concerning possession, use, and disposal of radioactive materials and worker safety, including Technologically Enhanced Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials.