Heidi’s recent experience includes counseling clients regarding:
- Establishing and implementing comprehensive EHS auditing programs and compliance assessments nationwide, and developing corrective actions to improve operations, prevent recurrence, and minimize the risk of potential enforcement actions or other liabilities, more recently serving as the EHS Audit Compliance Assurance Manager for a manufacturing company.
- Representing a leading chemical manufacturer with conducting environmental audits of a number of recently-acquired manufacturing facilities across the U.S., including providing a legal interpretation of audit findings, developing appropriate corrective action measures, and disclosing the findings and corrective actions under EPA’s New Owner Audit Policy.
- Advising a broad range of companies on various OSHA and state equivalent requirements, including electrical, lockout/tagout, machine guarding, confined spaces, fall protection, ladders, hearing conservation, respiratory protection, and PPE requirements, among others.
- Advising a chemical manufacturing client on preparing for and responding to an OSHA investigation resulting from an arc flash incident.
- Advising a client on preparing for an OSHA investigation resulting from a fatality.
- Representing a client in an appeal of a state OSHA citation alleging walkway violations, and negotiating a favorable settlement.
- Advising a manufacturing client with evaluating environmental liabilities and identifying permit transfer requirements associated with the acquisition of multiple coal transfer and terminal operations.
- Advising an automotive parts manufacturing client with identifying federal and state permit transfer requirements associated with the acquisition of a number of manufacturing facilities across the U.S.
- Defending a manufacturing company in a Clean Air Act enforcement action resulting in entry of a consent decree and denial of intervention, and defending an administrative action challenging that plant’s air permit.
- Advising a manufacturing company with preparing strategies for, pursuing and complying with Clean Air Act preconstruction and operating permits, complying with and determining the applicability of various Clean Air Act standards, and preparing comments on proposed rules, including revisions to National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS).
- Advising a diverse range of companies on compliance with the requirements of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, OSHA, and states concerning possession, use, and disposal of radioactive materials and worker safety, including Technologically Enhanced Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials (TENORM).