Prior results do not guarantee future outcomes.
Our infrastructure and project development and permitting experience includes:
- Serving as lead environmental counsel to the Union Station Redevelopment Corporation to assist with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) review and related historic preservation compliance for the Union Station 2nd Century Project;
- Successfully defending a railway company’s proposed $250 million regional intermodal freight facility in Kansas against environmental group challenges under NEPA and Section 404 of the Clean Water Act;
- Defending royalty collection actions brought by the Interior Department’s Office of Natural Resources Revenue against producers of oil and gas resources on federal and tribal lands;
- Advising clients on all aspects of offshore oil and gas production, from the initial leasing process to operations and decommissioning activities, and other regulatory compliance matters;
- Helping a client successfully complete the NEPA process for a proposed molybdenum mine in Nevada, one of the first new federal major mining permits issued in many years;
- Securing land use and environmental permits for build-out of retail stores throughout Massachusetts for Fortune’s top-ranked food and drug company and one of the nation’s largest commercial banks;
- Obtaining approvals for rental and for-sale, multi-family affordable housing projects and market-rate single-family subdivisions in Massachusetts;
- Counseling state departments of transportation, state water commissions, and metropolitan planning organizations on infrastructure policy and development;
- Assisting with the successful permitting of an innovative transmission line installation providing power to New York City from a new 512-megawatt power plant located in Bayonne, New Jersey;
- Working with a client on wetland regulatory and permitting issues pertaining to a harbor development project in New York City;
- Assisting an energy company on regulatory matters pertaining to a proposed new 750-megawatt power plant on Long Island, New York, including the project’s environmental review, permits, and land use/zoning approvals;
- Helping obtain local, state, and federal permits for a 600-ton/day materials recycling facility on a 40-acre property, including an enclosed 80,000 square-foot processing building in Massachusetts; and
- Advising an energy company on all environmental issues associated with the siting, permitting, and operation of its multi-state pipelines nationwide, including best permitting practices and strategies to avoid or minimize regulatory burdens under the Clean Water Act and Endangered Species Act.