Parker guides complex projects to successful completion.
His environmental law practice is an outgrowth of his love for the natural world. He co-chairs Beveridge & Diamond’s Natural Resources and Project Development Practice Group and its NEPA, Wetlands, and Endangered Species Act groups.
Parker dedicates his practice to successful project development, advising clients nationwide on activities implicating NEPA, wetlands regulation, and federal and state species protection laws, including the Endangered Species Act, Migratory Bird Treaty Act, Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act, and CITES. He also defends clients against agency enforcement actions and citizen suits, applying his substantive knowledge of natural resources law and project development to craft creative, sound, and successful legal strategies.
Parker brings a balanced approach to working on high profile projects to meet the objectives of developers and the legal demands of state and federal regulators. Clients involve him at all stages of project development, from initial project conception and design to defense of completed facilities. He frequently is called on to help get projects back on track when they are delayed by permitting complications and other regulatory issues, bringing to bear his extensive experience to identify innovative and effective solutions. In all cases, Parker’s goal is to help his clients complete legally-defensible projects on time and on budget.
Before joining B&D, Parker clerked at the White House Council on Environmental Quality. He also is a professionally-trained wetlands ecologist and has years of experience identifying wetlands, obtaining jurisdictional determinations from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, surveying for protected species, and drafting NEPA documents.
- University of the South (B.S., 1999)
- Natural Resources
- Vermont Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2004)
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals – Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals – Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court – District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court – Western District of Virginia
- American Bar Association
- District of Columbia Building Industry Association
Honors & Awards
- The Legal 500, recognition in Environmental Regulatory Law (2019)
- Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, Washington, DC, Super Lawyer (2018-2019)
- Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, Washington, DC, Rising Star (2013-2017)