Megan maintains a diverse environmental litigation and regulatory practice, working with clients across a broad range of industry sectors. Examples of Megan’s experience include:
- Counseling clients on a variety of compliance issues arising under the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), and similar state statutes.
- Defending clients in citizen suits.
- Representing clients in contract disputes.
- Coordinating with in-house counsel and technical experts to develop litigation strategy.
- Advising clients on issues relating to liability and cleanup processes under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act, and similar state statutes.
- Counseling potential buyers and current owners on the evaluation of and protection from environmental liabilities arising out of real estate transactions.
- Advising clients seeking to pursue approvals under Maryland’s voluntary cleanup program.
Prior to joining the firm, Megan served as Associate Counsel on the Board of Veterans’ Appeals at the Department of Veterans Affairs, and as a Judicial Clerk to the Honorable Senior Judges of the District of Columbia Court of Appeals.
During her three years at the University of Maryland School of Law, Megan served as a legal intern at the U.S. Department of the Interior, where she wrote policy memoranda on subjects related to renewable energy and reviewed and summarized comments submitted in response to proposed regulations under the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act.
Additionally, Megan served as a legal intern at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Civil Enforcement, Waste and Chemical Enforcement Division, where she researched and wrote legal and policy memoranda related to RCRA, and as a law clerk at two Maryland-based environmental law firms. She also served as a research assistant to Professor Robert Percival.
- Boston College (B.A., 2009)
- University of Maryland School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2012)
- Environmental Law Certificate
- Order of the Coif
- Order of Barristers
- Maryland Law Review 2010-2012
- Georgetown University (M.B.A., 2017)
- McDonough Scholar
- District of Columbia