Prior results do not guarantee future outcomes.
Mike's experience includes:
- Representing a private company, including a successful motion to dismiss, against a challenge to a long-term solid waste facility operating agreement between the company and an upstate New York municipality.
- Representing private clients concerning contaminated sites in New Jersey under its Licensed Site Remediation Professional (LSRP) program and in New York under its inactive hazardous waste site program.
- Obtaining complete dismissal on behalf of a municipal client of all claims in arbitration where the claimant sought more than $300 million in damages and to enforce a series of agreements concerning a proposed waste-to-ethanol facility.
- Representing a developer of the first major power plant on Long Island in four decades to shepherd the project through a comprehensive State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA) review and to obtain environmental regulatory permits and local zoning approvals, including special permit, site plan approvals, variances, and waivers.
- Representing a municipal client concerning a future long-term solid waste disposal contract, and disputes that arose under the existing solid waste disposal contract with a waste-to-energy facility.
- Representing a municipal client in litigation matters against other municipalities seeking to enforce contract rights against other municipalities under an inter-municipal agreement concerning solid waste disposal.
- Representing clients in several cases relating to contaminated properties.
- Defending clients in administrative enforcement proceedings relating to compliance issues at a variety of facilities such as landfills and power plants.
- Representing a client to secure a favorable settlement that ensured performance by a contractor of an agreement to provide certain recycling services to the municipality.