Projects Nicole has worked on include:
- Defending Fortune 500 and other companies against claims for cost recovery and contribution in multi-million and -billion-dollar Superfund cleanups.
- Working with legal teams litigating, arbitrating, and mediating to successful settlement in coverage disputes, including suits involving general liability, professional liability, umbrella, and excess liability, and Bermuda form policies for industries such as commercial and residential development, electronics, security, and hotels.
- Advising on claims under various other types of policies, including specialty environmental and property policies across multiple industries, such as manufacturing, commercial shipping, nuclear, commercial development, and others.
- Providing successful defense on behalf of a waste management company to protect its agreement with a municipality to operate a landfill against an appeal by residents claiming that proper notice procedures had not been followed.
- Handling product liability cases related to alleged groundwater contamination involving a gasoline additive and assisting with briefing efforts that successfully precluded irrelevant costly discovery.
- Litigating lead contamination cases in New York and New Jersey federal courts, including working with experts on lead sources, pathways, and impacts.
- Counseling on remedial design negotiation and compliance for complex, multi-party sediment sites.
- Advising on natural resource damage claims, including negotiations and litigation with trustees.