Prior results do not guarantee future outcomes.
Our occupational safety and health experience includes:
- Negotiating a settlement in a multi-fatality case which withdrew all citations against a contractor.
- Persuading an OSHA area office not to cite a contractor in a fatality case.
- Reaching a favorable settlement with a state OSHA in a fatality case.
- Settling PSM citations issued in a National Emphasis Program case, including reducing the number of repeat citations.
- Counseling during OSHA shipyard inspections, resulting in few citations.
- Advising an employer on how to establish an injury and illness recordkeeping program, including training and case review.
- Defending “willful egregious” citations related to process safety following a fatal explosion at a chemical manufacturing facility, as well as such citations related to injury and illness recordkeeping.
- Defending “willful” lockout/tagout citations.
- Preparing nationally-recognized guidance on OSHA’s interpretations of its injury and illness recordkeeping requirements.
- Evaluating the OSH Act general duty clause, hazard communication, and other obligations, including those that might be triggered by the production or use of nanomaterials.
- Developing occupational health programs for nanomaterials handling.
- Representing clients under investigation by the U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board following workplace incidents.
- Conducting OSHA compliance audits of manufacturing facilities, including consideration of privilege and audit amnesty issues.
- Counseling companies on management response to workplace safety incidents.
- Reviewing building demolition plans for compliance with asbestos and mold abatement and other health and safety requirements in New York, California, Connecticut, and other states.
- Counseling on reporting obligations following workplace injury or death.
- Developing litigation strategy in toxic tort cases using regulatory history of chemical-specific standards (e.g., permissible exposure limits).
- Advising on negotiations and complying with RMP requirements and Title V major source air permit provisions that incorporate PSM requirements.
- Counseling high-tech industry clients on worker health issues related to chemical exposure.