Tim's recent experience includes:
- Representing through trial a Class I railroad in a Clean Water Act (CWA) citizen suit in Washington State.
- Representing a major water and sewer utility in a CWA citizen suit in Maryland.
- Negotiating a Clean Water Act Sanitary Sewer Overflow Consent Decree extension for a major water and sewer utility in Maryland.
- Counseling a major water and sewer utility with respect to CWA compliance and enforcement issues.
- Representing a petroleum exploration and production company in litigation arising from an operator’s use of the company’s platform on the Outer Continental Shelf of the Gulf of Mexico.
- Representing a petroleum refining company in CERCLA litigation in the Eastern District of New York.
- Representing petroleum refining company in litigation with the United States under the Pennsylvania Tank Act, Clean Streams Law, and Uniform Contribution Among Tortfeasors Act.
- Representing an equipment supplier in construction disputes involving wastewater treatment plants.
- Representing a group of ports and other navigation interests on the Columbia River in ESA citizen suit litigation challenging the federal operation of the Federal Columbia River Power System.
- Representing a Columbia River port in a complex land and water property development project challenged by a citizen’s group in an area containing wetlands and ESA-listed and state-protected species, including development of National Environmental Policy Act and Washington State Environmental Policy Act analyses.
- Representing timber company in an administrative dispute with the Washington Department of Forestry involving logging in areas constituting potential habitat of ESA-protected marbled murrelet.
- Representing an Oregon county in federal permitting, enforcement, and litigation, related to the construction of a 60-mile natural gas pipeline with almost 200 CWA jurisdictional water and wetlands crossings, many of which involved habitat for ESA-listed salmonids.
- Representing an industry group in CWA and ESA citizen suit litigation challenging Oregon’s water quality standards.
- Representing a mushroom producer in Oregon in enforcement action arising from wet weather discharges of stormwater.