Prior results do not guarantee future outcomes.
Our universities and colleges experience includes:
- Helping a Washington, DC, area university resolve EPA allegations associated with underground storage tanks efficiently and expeditiously, while minimizing penalties, and helping the university to evaluate its related compliance.
- Representing Howard University on environmental matters relating to the handling and disposal of nuclear and medical waste, and reepresenting a major West Coast university on similar issues arising out of wastes generated by university laboratories.
- Successfully representing American University in an extensive investigation and clean-up by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers concerning the previous use of university and adjoining property for World War I-era experiments using chemical and biological weapons, contributing to a comprehensive resolution to related liability issues.
- Assisting with the permitting of cogeneration facilities at public universities.
- Representing the foundation of a community college in the Boston suburbs in its relocation of a major technical school from a leased site to one owned and constructed by the foundation and leased to the college.
- Representing a Massachusetts-owned college in the assessment and remediation of a historic oil/hazardous materials spill.