Kaitlyn focuses her practice on environmental enforcement and litigation across a wide range of industries and issues.
She has experience with the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA); the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA); and California’s Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), and routinely assists clients in navigating the interaction between state and federal laws in these areas. She also handles administrative appeals for employers under California’s Occupational Safety and Health (Cal/OSHA) program and has guided companies through the use of California writ petitions to challenge agency actions.
Kaitlyn also assists diverse industries in making strategic decisions before litigation is initiated to either resolve the conflict through early communications with the regulating agency or, if necessary, take action to preserve legal case theories. In particular, she provides advice to product manufacturers and trade associations under multiple California Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) regulatory schemes.
Kaitlyn is active in the San Francisco Bar Association Environmental Barristers section and volunteers with Californians Advancing Civic Education, an organization that supports high school civics programs.
- Elon University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2008)
- Political Science
- Boston College (J.D., cum laude, 2011)
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court - Central District of California
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court – Western District of Michigan
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, California Rising Star (2013; 2017-2018)