Beveridge & Diamond's Roundtable "Cultivating Solutions: Agriculture’s Role in Climate-Smart Policy and Practice" was held on Thursday, October 17, 2019 in Washington, DC. Click here to request more information or the materials from this event.
About the Program
Beveridge & Diamond's Cultivating Solutions Roundtable is designed to stimulate in-depth conversation about the ways that various industry sectors and policymakers are adapting agriculture to a changing climate, mitigating greenhouse gas emissions, and building a climate-resilient food supply both in the United States and around the globe.
Below, we have compiled a collection of recent and interesting publications discussing climate change adaptation and mitigation in the agricultural sector. We hope that you find these materials interesting and thought provoking reading in advance of our roundtable.
- IPCC, Special Report on Climate Change and Land (August 2019)
- World Resources Institute, Creating a Sustainable Food Future (July 2019)
- World Bank, Making Climate Finance Work in Agriculture (2016)
- World Bank, Future of Food: Shaping a Climate-Smart Global Food System (2015)
Articles Addressing Adaptation in the Agricultural Sector:
- New York Times, In a Race Against the Sun, Growers Try to Outsmart Climate Change (September 2019)
- Wired, Crispr Can Help Solve Our Looming Food Crisis—Here's How (August 2019)
- Bloomberg, Climate Adaptation Must Be Part of Agriculture Programs (July 2019)
- AgriPulse, The Promise and Potential for New Plant Varieties (January 2018)
Articles Addressing Mitigation:
- Greenbiz, Is Big Ag in the Running to Be a Climate Crisis Hero? (September 2019)
- Technology Review, Carbon Farming Is the Hot (And Overhyped) Tool to Fight Climate Change (June 2019)
- New York Times, Can Dirt Save the Earth? (April 2018)