Paul's experience includes:
- Serving as a strategic advisor on responsible sourcing, circular economy and sustainability initiatives for leading information technology companies.
- Representing the U.S. electronics industry in negotiations at the global level under the Basel Convention on the classification and management of used equipment shipped across borders for repair, reuse and recycling, including participation in various expert working groups preparing technical guidance and negotiating changes to the scope of wastes covered by the Convention.
- Advising leading pharmaceutical companies on the operation of extended producer responsibility (EPR) schemes governing the management of unused medicines, sharps and medical devices in the U.S. and other countries.
- Advising a leading lithium-ion battery recycler on the cross-border movement of EV batteries and related materials for recovery.
- Advising a Fortune 100 company on ambitious circular economy initiatives and related plastics regulation.
- Representing the U.S. chemical industry in the negotiation and implementation of the global Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) and related regional agreements targeting persistent, bioaccumulative toxic chemicals.
- Representing U.S. grocery manufacturers in the negotiation and implementation of the Cartegena Protocol on Biosafety to the Convention on Biological Diversity.
- Advising a leading semiconductor manufacturer on facility operations and product compliance issues in the U.S. and in Asia.
- Representing the U.S. electronics industry in negotiations to revise the OECD Decision governing the transboundary movement of e-waste for recycling among OECD member countries.
- Advising a U.S. contractor on requirements governing the cleanup of hazardous and other wastes generated in Antarctica.
- Counseling a leading non-profit on legal strategies for preserving the global moratorium on commercial whaling under the International Convention for the Regulation of Whaling (ICRW).