Prior results do not guarantee future outcomes.
Paul's experience includes:
- Serving as a strategic advisor on responsible sourcing, circular economy and sustainability initiatives for a leading U.S. information technology company.
- Representing the U.S. electronics industry in negotiations at the global level under the Basel Convention on the classification and management of used equipment shipped across borders for repair and reuse as well as the classification and management of end-of-life equipment destined for recycling, which includes participating in an Expert Working Group that is negotiating changes to the scope of wastes covered by the Convention.
- Advising leading pharmaceutical companies on the operation of extended producer responsibility (ERP) schemes governing the management of unused medicines, sharps and medical devices in the U.S. and other countries.
- Advising a leading semiconductor manufacturer on operational and product compliance issues in the U.S. and in Asia.
- Representing the U.S. chemical industry in the negotiation and implementation of the global Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) and related regional agreements targeting persistent, bioaccumulative toxic chemicals.
- Representing U.S. grocery manufacturers in the negotiation and implementation of the Cartegena Protocol on Biosafety to the Convention on Biological Diversity.
- Representing the U.S. electronics industry in negotiations to revise the OECD Decision governing the transboundary movement of e-waste for recycling among OECD member countries.
- Advising a U.S. contractor on requirements governing the cleanup of hazardous and other wastes generated in Antarctica.
- Counseling a leading non-profit on legal strategies for preserving the global moratorium on commercial whaling under the International Convention for the Regulation of Whaling (ICRW).