Chambers and Partners Again Ranks Beveridge & Diamond a Top Tier Environmental Law Firm
Beveridge & Diamond's nationwide environmental practice earned a Band 1 ranking in the 2021 edition of Chambers and Partners – USA.
Chambers also named B&D a leading environmental law practice in California, the District of Columbia, Massachusetts, New York, Texas, and Washington. 2021 is the first year our Seattle, Washington office was ranked in Chambers. Chambers now ranks B&D as a leading environmental practice in every state in which the firm has an office and in which Chambers produces rankings of environmental practices. In addition to firmwide or state-level rankings, Chambers recognized 17 lawyers as leaders in their fields, an increase from 12 in 2020.
Chambers also recognized for the first time in 2021 our Insurance Coverage (Policyholder) practice in New York. This practice works nationwide to advise on insurance issues and recover insurance proceeds for our clients in environmental and other matters.
Chambers refers to B&D as a "highly regarded environmental boutique with deep expertise across the field,” and a firm that "provides multidisciplinary expertise across the group, and represents a range of clients in matters from legislative advice and advocacy to clean air and water regulation and litigation."
Quotes from clients and other market commentators about the firm include:
"They are a very strong team that comes across as an intimate family-owned practice, while delivering large-firm speed and quality."
“Beveridge & Diamond is an expert in just about most areas of environmental law. Their strengths are their vast breadth of knowledge and ability to respond in a timely fashion.”
Firmwide Managing Principal Kathy Szmuszkovicz (Washington, DC) commented, “We appreciate Chambers’ continued recognition of our firm’s leadership on environmental regulatory and litigation matters nationwide. Our clients tell us that they value our strategic counsel on significant matters as well as day-to-day guidance, our deep bench of talent across multiple subject areas - including cutting-edge topics like climate change, ESG, environmental justice – and our novel approaches to environmental and mass tort litigation.”
The recognized B&D lawyers are:
- Maddie Boyer (Principal, Austin)
- Nessa Coppinger (Principal, Washington, DC)
- Loren Dunn (Principal, Seattle)
- Marc Goldstein (Principal, Boston)
- Steve Gordon (Principal, New York)
- Jeanine Grachuk (Principal, Boston)
- Paul Hagen (Principal, Washington, DC)
- Karen Hansen (Principal, Austin)
- John Kazanjian (Principal, New York)
- Laura LaValle (Principal, Austin)
- Bryan Moore (Principal, Austin)
- Michael Murphy (Principal, New York)
- John Paul (Principal, New York)
- Steve Richmond (Principal, Boston)
- Jimmy Slaughter (Principal, Washington, DC)
- Gary Smith (Principal, San Francisco)
- Ben Wilson (Principal, Washington, DC)
View B&D's full ranking on the Chambers website.